Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Chinese Acrobats

Last night I saw some Chinese acrobats.

No, seriously, I went to the Shanghai Circus to see their "Intersection of Time" show.

This is a seriously updated version of classic Chinese circus acrobatics. As the name suggests, the show combined an old and new perspective of China's history. So while one scene opened with a farmer and his wife "rowing" across the stage in a primitive boat, another displayed futuristic apparatus and robotic acrobats.

These are pictures from their website, since flash photography isn't allowed.

Some of the stuff I've seen before, like the curtain acrobatics and the trapeze stuff, but I must say the giant ferris wheel was my favorite.
My brothers liked the final act: the motorcycles in a giant hamster ball stunt. There were up to 5 cyclists whizzing around at once inside.
I must say, I spent a lot of the 1 1/2 hours holding my breath and hoping to God that no one would slip or look away. Yeah, one hell of a show, but I don't think my blood pressure could take too many of these.

1 comment:

Max Barroso said...

Wow...
that is very impressing...

Happy birthday by the way...
I have not been around electronic devices lately :)